Thursday, September 6, 2007

What's God Up To Now?

Well, this has become a common thought for us as we attempt to plan and coordinate things here. Jason shared about the bowling night and how we were blessed with more guys than the first night. I had a long talk with a Masters Student named Vytautas who had many questions. We talked for over an hour and I was able to share the 4 Laws with him and able to bring him back to Jesus as the true beginning of his understanding of life. Matt and Peter will be able to follow up with him and I think he really enjoys being able to talk about the deep questions of his heart.

Yesterday Sharon and I shared with a senior student in Philosophy. She was very upfront about not believing in God and started asking questions right away. She had many questions and we were able to spend almost 45 minutes with her. She was blunt about how she felt 'religion' was a crutch and an excuse for our weaknesses. I was able to tell her I was weak and I did have fears. She eventually brought up evolution and we were able to tell her how evolution was itself an escape by simply adding years to cover for unexplainable gaps. She was interested in that and in the end she was very pleased we had come and we were pleased that we were able to plant some seeds in her heart.

Last night we had the scavenger hunt and 10 students came and had a good time. We went to a pub afterward and watched the end of the Lith/Germany basketball game and it was a very energetic atmosphere. Some of our team had the chance for good conversations with students.
Please pray for tonight as we are having our final event which is a party at Kelly and Tiana's flat. We would like to have at least 20 students tonight.
More later. Bob

Pray often, for prayer is a shield to the soul, a sacrifice to God, and a scourge for Satan. --John Bunyan

No comments: